“Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace”
My role and my position as a spa managing director is to oversee and operate two beautiful upmarket spa’s in a professional manner, ensuring we have a warm, friendly, relaxing, world class environment. Where clients can relax and forget about there stress and every day troubles. I am a perfectionist and I am committed to providing a sanctuary where clients receive the utmost best in personal care whilst relaxing in a serene, calm, hygienic environment, leaving them refreshed, de-stressed, rejuvenated and pampered to the highest standard. My responsibility is to also ensure the spa’s are successfully run and to be profitable and generate a healthy revenue which grows annually. I must also ensure our spa’s are kept up to date with the latest treatment trends and services offering sophisticated and high end products and services to our clients that are result driven. I also need to ensure my staff are happy and motivated and well trained and share the same vision as I do, so our spa’s are high-preforming spa’s, all whilst ensuring we are passionate and absolutely love what we do and upkeep the brand.
- To ensure our clients receive exceptional treatments and outstanding friendly warm personalized service to ensure they keep returning to the spa.
- Oversee and ensure staff are trained, qualified and beautifully presented at all times.
- To carry out the strictest hygiene standards and protocols and ensure the spa is a pristine environment at all times.
- To be motivated to generate a healthy revenue and ensure the spa is profitable and grows annually.
- Set goals and targets to ensure the spas are in alignment and are growing.
- To create decadent, relaxing, result-driven treatments and services to meet all our clients needs ensuring all their beauty needs are taken care of.
- To source and offer products for retail and in spa use that is of high quality, effective and cost effective. To keep up to date with the latest services and trends.
- To manage our website, social media, marketing and communication is up to date with clients to create interest and draw clientele into the spa’s.
- To create brand awareness and to set us apart from our competitors.
- To ensure the properties are a safe environment, that maintenance and repairs are upkept, and that décor is kept clean and refreshed.
- To ensure daily operational/point of sales units are running effectively.
- To create events and functions that excite and promote service, bring in new clientele and bring in new revenue.
- Ensure our treatment protocols/SOPS are carried out effectively in a safe environment.
- Strategic and operational planner
- Passionate and committed
- Flexible, intuitive and aware
- Honest, trustworthy and accountable
- Motivated and motivational
- Keeping informed and educated
- Lead by example and have leadership qualities
- Good at communicating
- Able to delegate and ensure tasks are carried out
- Able to problem solve and minimize potential conflicts
- Knowledge of all areas of financial management
Day to day responsibility’s
- Ensure client’s calls/emails are attended to efficiently, courteously and in a timeous manner.
- Ensure appointment schedule is efficiently booked, and treatments and therapist resource hours are maximised for efficacy to increase revenue.
- Ensure staff are excited and motivated daily for maximum performance.
- Train and ensure all staff are proficient with spa standards and protocol’s.
- Ensure staff receive regular training to keep up to date with products, retail and services.
- Handle/resolve any staffing and encourage staff well-being.
- Organise and coordinate staff rosters.
- Communicate with customers to create client rapport and support.
- Handle and resolve any clients complaints
- Attend to all emails and client requests.
- Hold weekly/monthly team meetings to encourage staff involvement and improve employee performance.
- Handle all organizational and operational duties.
- Communicate/delegate with staff/spa assistants on operational/ organization items are carried out.
- Ensure stock is used in accordance with protocols and used effectively and economically.
- Order and liaise with stockists.
- Keeping of monthly management reports.
- Reading financial statements.
- Paying staff/tax/suppliers etc.
- Budgeting/allocation expenses.
- Future budgeting and projection of revenue Banking and dealing with business banker.
- Creating content for social media. Newsletters and updating of website.
- Implementing promos for occasions and knowing when run a special to draw in clientele.
- Ensuring signage and directional signage price lists and treatment options are updated and in keeping with the brand.
- Ordering, making sure all marketing material and gift vouchers are updated and in keeping with the brand.
- Keep informed and up to date with spa trends and knowing what our customer wants.
- Communicating and negotiation of lease agreements and renewals.
- Drawing up of staff contracts
There are no minimum requirements, to be a successful owner/manager you need to oversee and be responsible for the entire organisation in all areas.
“The only way to do great work
is to love what you do.”
– Steve Jobs