Watch this video before diving in!
I just read an article released by Harvard which I totally loved! I urge you all to read it as well, you won’t regret it. The topic covers COMPASSION, and how this is a better managerial tactic than toughness. Read the article HERE.
- KPI is different to a 1-on-1. KPI manages performance monthly and uses indicators by which this is measured.
- Performance Reviews are also different to 1-on-1’s. Performance reviews are bi-annual, formal check-in’s, where both staff member and company review performance and set goals.
- What do you love about working here?
- What would you change if you were the manager?
- Who’s your favorite colleague? And why?
- Tell me anything you think I don’t know. (can be anything like your favorite food, your favorite client, your favorite product or even what you don’t like, maybe your worst food etc). This might sound like a silly question, but let me tell you that this question is what is going to make your relationship develop and get solid. It’s when you start finding out things about people that you don’t know that they feel engaged and really valued. This is the reference to ‘SECRETS’ I made earlier.
See you soon!